Are you one of those people who love make-up, but feel like your contact lenses can’t keep up with your look?
We want you to feel spexy, so here are some tips for you:
- Before anything else, washing your hands are the most important thing to do before inserting your contact lenses.
- After washing your hands, insert your contact lenses first. This will ensure that no moisturizer, powder or creams adhere to your contacts that could cause some irritation throughout the day.
- We know the only drama you want in your life is in your lashes, butavoid using mascara that flakes or creates clumps. Lash-extending mascara causes micro-flakes to fall into your eye, which isn’t ideal for your contacts. Also, opt for the better option and use non-waterproof mascara to create that fabulous look.
PLUS, non-waterproof mascara doesn’t take 5 days, 3 hours and 10 minutes to get off…
- On that note, almost all make-up isdermatologist tested (or should be), but not all make-up is ophthalmologist tested. Look out for those special brands that are “ophthalmologist tested”, then you’ll have some piece of mind that your eyes are in good hands.
- Try using water-based foundation, as this type of foundation is less likely to end up on your contacts. Cream-based foundations may create deposits on your much-loved contact lenses.
- When applying mascara or eyeliner, avoid blocking the inner lash line as this could lead to dry eyes. Besides, nobody wants to look like a racoon- stay classy AND sassy.
- Before turning in for your beauty sleep, remove your contact lenses first before removing your make-up. You can also invest in some hypoallergenic make-up remover, which will leave your eyes feeling spec’tacular.
- Lastly, never let your love for make-up be dampened by your love for vision.
We live in a modern era- you can have the best of both worlds!